John Kaplan & Jason Bay Webinar live chat

Options
Kathleen Schindler
Kathleen Schindler Member [Team 15], Managers Posts: 29

If you're not on the live webinar, this discussion will have some notes from the discussion!

Comments

• Joe Huber
    Joe Huber Member [Pro], Administrator Posts: 241
    Options

The conversation is all about Account Executives and how they can start prospecting more and better.

"Map out how the buyer buys."

-John Kaplan

First big tell from John! Find out who is doing what in the sales process and who you need to talk to at specific buying points.

You'll know when to bring in the right people at the right time.

• Kathleen Schindler
    Options

Attaching to the biggest business issue is something I've heard John say a lot. He's talking about it right now, too.

Technical requirements and business outcomes are where you need your biggest answers. Everyone needs to answer the technical requirements, but it's not enough anymore. You need to find their business outcomes and issues and have an answer there, too.

• Kathleen Schindler
    Options

Great story about learning from others. If someone is outselling you consistently or someone has a role you want to get into, talk with them. Find out what they're doing mechanically. We can always learn from someone else!

• Joe Huber
    Joe Huber Member [Pro], Administrator Posts: 241
    Options

I like the piece for earlier sales reps or people just getting started on their journey. Don't be shy about what you're trying to do. Let others know what you want to develop, in terms of skills. Ask for help. Don't be shy!

And for leaders, John's call out that you need to let people know exactly how they can pave their own way. Give people the coaching that you would have wanted from the jump.

"Show. Tell. Observe. Feedback."

• Kathleen Schindler
    Options

His answer on the Franchise mentality was a masterclass... I won't do it justice, but I loved that it started with setting goals around what you want to make. Treat your role like it's your own business. Don't worry about your quota. If you are going to make what you want to make, you'll crush that number.

• Kathleen Schindler
    edited October 2022
    Options

"I don't want to seem interesting. I want to show that I am interested."

-John Kaplan

This is so vital when bringing up some articles or podcasts that are relevant. When you're sharing information, center it around their needs and how it's important to the current conversation.