Options

Comments

• John McMahon
    John McMahon Guest Posts: 3
    Options

Name: John McMahon

Title: Account Executive

Industry: b2b SaaS (Tech)

Goals I want to achieve: Maintain a 7 figure W-2 while solving challenges with customers that view me as a trusted advisor and partner.

Hobbies: Hiking, basketball, time with friends/family, weightlifting, reading and home improvement!

One thing you want to get out of being an Ascender: I would like to build my network with like-minded success chasers, learn directly the leaders I truly look up to (John Kaplan and John McMahon) and improve my skillset as a seller. (in no particular order).

I am glad to be a part of what we are doing here, please reach out if you would like to sync and introduce each other. I am excited to be here. LFG!

• Joe Huber
    Joe Huber Member [Pro], Administrator Posts: 241
    Options

@John McMahon !!!! I am so hyped up right now reading that intro! Thank you for sharing!

I love the goals and dream chasing! ANYthing we can do to help with that, please let me know. Looking forward to getting to know you!

• John McMahon
    John McMahon Guest Posts: 3
    Options

Thanks @Joe Huber ! Excited to join the community and learn from each other.

• George Haywood
    George Haywood Member [Pro] Posts: 16
    Options

Name: George Haywood

Title: Enterprise Account Executive

Industry: SaaS (Security & Observability)

Goals I want to achieve: To be the number 1 AE (out of ~300) for EMEA in my company.

Hobbies: Golf, gym, football (soccer), and spending time with my daughter

One thing you want to get out of being an Ascender: I want to continue to be a student of the game and leverage the content, conversation, and community of Ascender to be the best salesperson I can be.

• Joe Huber
    Options

@George Haywood Thank you so much for introducing yourself! Have you been watching the World Cup, then? I’m also a big soccer fan!

• Robert Smart
    Robert Smart Guest Posts: 10
    Options

Welcome @George Haywood !!!

• George Haywood
    George Haywood Member [Pro] Posts: 16
    Options

@Joe Huber Oh yes i've been watching.. France will win it again i think.

• Justin Beatty
    Justin Beatty Guest Posts: 1
    Options

Name: Justin Beatty

Title: Mid-Market Account Executive

Industry: Product Design, Collaboration Software

Goals I want to achieve: Improve on digging into impact and metrics, which will ultimately open up my ability to clearly articulate {Why XYZ, Why Now, Why Anything}. Anchoring to real business pain and ensuring that it's a top priority (and not just a pain) are areas I can improve. Also, John Kaplan is a star so this should be a journey to level up and become elite:)

Hobbies: Exploring "hidden gems" of cities, thrift store shopping, golf, Golden State Warriors and visiting with my grandparents.

One thing you want to get out of being an Ascender: Set the bar at the beginning of conversations that we are here to discuss high level business initiatives, and articulate value in a very concise way to make the buying experience enjoyable for everyone.

• Joe Huber
    Options

Welcome to the party @Justin Beatty! Thank you for sharing! I'm also a big fan of the "hidden gems", especially when traveling. I like to do one touristy thing in any city I visit, but then spend the rest of the days exploring. Any special gems the rest of us should know about?!

• Al Fucaloro
    Al Fucaloro Guest Posts: 4
    Options

Name: Al Fucaloro

Title: Regional Sales Director (Field Sales Rep)

Industry: SaaS/Technology

Goals I want to achieve: Earn presidents club and a leadership role

Hobbies: Running, Hiking, Canoeing, Fantasy Football

One thing you want to get out of being an Ascender: Achieve excellence

• Joe Huber
    Options

@Al Fucaloro I am so excited you're here, Al! I am also a big fan of the outdoors and am in the process of convincing my wife to let me get a canoe. The only problem is I think she's going to make me give up the kayak in the process... 😂

I know you're registered for the live event with John on Friday, so we're already at step one to getting you to President's Club. Be sure to add the companion workshop with Antonella O'Day to your calendar, as well! This workshop will be more about the how and we'll help people build out plans, together!

Anything else I can do, please let me know!

• Al Fucaloro
    Al Fucaloro Guest Posts: 4
    Options

@Joe Huber Thanks, Joe. I'm excited to be here! My wife pushed hard for two kayaks over the canoe. She feared I would purposely tip it over 😄. I'll add the companion workshop for sure!

• Daniel Guerrero
    Daniel Guerrero Member [Pro] Posts: 2
    Options

Name: Daniel Guerrero

Title: Director of Corporate Sales

Industry: IT Backend Infrastructure (Databases)

Goals I want to achieve: Achieve holistic "mastery" over sales process

Hobbies: Music, Exercise (lifting), Reading

One thing you want to get out of being an Ascender: Evaluate for potential org-wide standardization.

• Joe Huber
    Options

Hello and welcome @Daniel Guerrero! I'm glad you're here!

Have you read any good books lately? I'm currently working through all of the books from "A Song of Ice and Fire", but I'm also revisiting some books on community building (People Powered, by Jono Bacon).

If there's anything I can do to help, please let me know!

• Daniel Guerrero
    Daniel Guerrero Member [Pro] Posts: 2
    Options

Hi @Joe Huber - top of mind good read lately has been Resonate by Nancy Duarte. I recently led our org's all hands (first time ever doing something like that) and it provided a great story telling model to illicit action from the audience, in this case, our sales org.

I'm good at the moment but will keep you posted. Thank you!

• Lars-Erik Blenne Lien
    Lars-Erik Blenne Lien Member [Pro] Posts: 2
    Options

Name: Lars-Erik Blenne Lien

Title: Strategic Account Executive, Cognite. 

Industry: Manufacturing Industry SaaS.

Goals I want to achieve: Keep improving the game and skillset, Build and Close a 7-figure ARR Deal, President Club, and Take a leadership Role.

Hobbies: Photography, Swimming, Freediving, Hiking, and Pizza! 

One thing you want to get out of being an Ascender is: Learn from the best.

• Suhayl Patel
    Suhayl Patel Guest Posts: 2
    Options

Name: Suhayl Patel

Title: Senior Account Executive

Industry: Edtech/Software

Goals I want to achieve: Become more consistent and deliberate in my qualification and add value to my customers through meaningful conversations

Hobbies: Sports, Real Estate investments, Stoicism

One thing you want to get out of being an Ascender: Become more natural in my work environment, more productive and efficient, and for everything I do to be meaningful.

• Joe Huber
    Options

@Daniel Guerrero First of all, congratulations on leading the all hands! That sounds amazing! I'll definitely be checking this book out, as well. Thank you for the recommendation!

Sounds good. Please let me know if ever I can be of assistance!

• Joe Huber
    Options

@Lars-Erik Blenne Lien Thank you for being here! And I think we'll be learning plenty from you, too! If there's anything specific or if you have any questions, please feel free to create some discussions in the community. I'll be sure to get you some answers!

Also, do you have a photography page? I used to shoot, myself.

Last question: What's your favorite pizza? Like the go-to style and toppings on a regular night.

• Joe Huber
    Options

@Suhayl Patel I'm loving this! We're focusing on some qualification and value statement topics coming up, so anything you want to have us highlight, please let me know. We build all of our content by tailoring it to community asks!

I don't know that I've ever seen Stoicism listed as a hobby, but that's certainly something that takes a hefty amount of discipline to adopt! Was there a compelling event that pushed you into this philosophy?

• Pedro Carrion
    Pedro Carrion Guest Posts: 1
    Options

Name: Pedro Carrion

Title: RVP Sales

Industry: Tech B2B SaaS

Goals I want to achieve: Become a better leader and seller

Hobbies: Surfing & Golf

One thing you want to get out of being an Ascender: Learn different approached to sales

• Joe Huber
    Options

@Pedro Carrion Thank you for sharing! I am a terrible golfer, but it's so much fun. I'm also a terrible surfer, but I still had fun with that in Hawaii with my wife. I promise I don't only like things I'm terrible at...

Anything we can do to help out with learning a different approach, you let me know. I'm sure you're already looking at the Enroll tab with all the courses!

• Matt Tracy
    Matt Tracy Guest Posts: 5
    Options

Name: Matt Tracy

Title: Enterprise Account Executive

Industry: SaaS solution for enterprise GraphQL Adoption

Goals I want to achieve: Improve on MEDDICC, advancing deals in a more seamless way, generating good pipeline

Hobbies: Fishing, Skiing, Camping, Dirt Biking, anything that gets me outside

One thing you want to get out of being an Ascender: A place to hold myself accountable for upskilling

• Joe Huber
    Options

Welcome, @Matt Tracy! Glad you're here! Maybe we need to do an Ascender camping and fishing trip. There are enough of us!

Anything that we can do to help you hit your goals with upskilling, let me know. Something we've kicked around is the idea of accountability groups, but the interest has been sort of mild. Happy to try new things and help you achieve your goals!

• Matt Tracy
    Matt Tracy Guest Posts: 5
    Options

I would love to be a part of the accountability group - especially when it comes to the self paced training!

Definitely on board for the camping/fishing trip as well! ha

• Jeffrey Stevens
    Jeffrey Stevens Member [Pro] Posts: 3
    Options

Name: Jeffrey Stevens

Title: Senior Manager of Revenue Enablement

Industry: B2B SaaS Solution

Goals I want to achieve: Spark new ideas from other salespeople, become a better Sales Trainer, Leader, and Coach, increase my knowledge and application of MEDDICC

Hobbies: Cooking, Mixology, Golf, and I'm learning to play the ukulele!

One thing you want to get out of being an Ascender: I want to pay it forward. I think personal development is contagious. Ascender will help to develop my leadership skills which then translate into fostering lifelong learning in my sales teams, by encouraging them to pursue further education.

• Joe Huber
    Options

@Jeffrey Stevens This is so awesome and what an amazing mission to be on! Paying it forward IS contagious! There is a newer question in here that I'd love your thoughts on in the comments over there. Here's the link.

I bought a ukulele and learned a few chords ages ago. Maybe you'll share some clips on songs you've learned or written!

If there's anything that I can do to help, please let me know!

• Kate Hipps
    Kate Hipps Member [Plus] Posts: 2
    Options

Name: Kate Hipps

Title: Managing Director, Success Services

Industry: Sales Effectiveness Consulting

Goals I want to achieve: Learn new ways to support our selling organization

Hobbies: Traveling, Family Time

One thing you want to get out of being an Ascender: Long-term learning

• Joe Huber
    Options

@Kate Hipps Thanks for being here! Excited to learn more from you!

I would love to hear about your favorite traveling location or trip!

• Nora Sheridan
    Nora Sheridan Member [Plus] Posts: 2
    Options

Name: Nora Sheridan

Title: Consultant

Industry: B2B Sales Consulting

Goals I want to achieve: Travel to a new country every year

Hobbies: Crossword construction

One thing you want to get out of being an Ascender: Brush up on Lead Gen skills so I can BDR it up next quarter!