Selling to Hesitant Customers

Options
Rachel Clapp Miller
Rachel Clapp Miller Member [Pro], Administrator, Moderator, Super User group (not at launch) Posts: 52

Posted a podcast today in the content feed on tips to move your opportunities forward, when customers are hesitant. What are you hearing from your customers? How are you dealing with additional scrutiny? Would love to hear what's working or what questions you have.

https://my.ascender.co/Ascender/Explore?post=selling-to-hesitant-customers

Comments

• Joe Huber
    Joe Huber Member [Pro], Administrator Posts: 241
    Options

The points made about making your solution mission critical are resonating deeply. When I'm on the buyer's end, I often find myself wondering if the salesperson sometimes doesn't get what I'm actually trying to solve. It's only when they make their solution answering the real pain that I buy in fully to their product offering. Great stuff here, Rachel! Thank you for sharing!

• Rachel Clapp Miller
    Rachel Clapp Miller Member [Pro], Administrator, Moderator, Super User group (not at launch) Posts: 52
    Options

Yes Joe, thank you! It's also important to think through the bigger picture. Brian Walsh calls it "The Collective Yes" - you can get through the hesitancy by being clear to ALL the decision makers about your solution requirements, the outcomes the customer needs to achieve and how they're measuring success. There needs to be some collective agreement within the buying organization to move the opportunity forward. If you can align your solution to outcomes that increase revenue or decrease costs you've got a better shot at working through that "hesitancy".