Be Bold During Discovery

Marty Mercer
Marty Mercer Member [Plus] Posts: 2

Force Management's article, "Asking Bold Discovery Questions," underscores the importance of pushing boundaries during discovery.

As a seasoned sales professional, I've found that bold questions are vital for uncovering deeper customer insights and building stronger relationships. Bold questions help us understand clients' real needs and pain points, allowing us to craft tailored solutions. They demonstrate our commitment and position us as valuable partners. While confidence is key, balancing boldness with empathy ensures our questions foster an open, respectful dialogue.

How have bold discovery questions transformed your sales engagements? What strategies do you use to make these questions impactful and empathetic? Share your experiences and tips on incorporating bold discovery questions into your sales process.

Tagged:

Comments

• Lee Gallerano
    Lee Gallerano Member [Pro] Posts: 7

I'd love to hear some feedback on the above questions.

• Ben Fleishman
    Ben Fleishman Member [Connect] Posts: 36

I think the "bold" thing we're doing, if it's even considered bold, is just asking things directly. I know I've seen it in a few of the playbacks from webinars about getting your customers to repeat things back and have them qualify themselves by telling you exactly what they're looking for. So I've just really been leaning into that for my team. Having them ask customers lay out exactly their requirements. My team is Solutions Engineers, so it's vital that we know the technical requirements, anyway.