Value pyramid

Joern Wozny
Joern Wozny Member [Pro] Posts: 16
edited June 5 in Content & Resources

I am looking for materials or examples regarding Value Pyramids. Can someone help or is something planned here within Ascender?

Comments

• Joe Huber
    Joe Huber Member [Pro], Administrator Posts: 272

Hey @Joern Wozny! We have some courses and content that will help with creating a great value proposition for your customer - which include these key components:

1. What outcomes they want to drive (Positive Business outcomes)
    2. What's required to achieve them (Required Capabilities or Solution Requirements)
    3. How they're going to measure success (Metrics)

And here are some courses to check out:

Force Management uses the Value Framework which is customized to a company - rather than the value pyramid which is more general value-based selling concepts. Those concepts are all throughout Ascender.  If there's something you're looking for more specifically as it relates to creating and capturing value for the customer, let me know and I can help align resources to what you need!

• Joern Wozny
    edited August 28

Hey guys, I built a Value Pyramid template to show customers how the value of our product relates to their top business priorities. Because it is not possible to show every relevant aspect down to the operational level in a single pyramid, I have added a table below the pyramid where you can show a breakdown for each business objective that you can address. However, I haven't used it with customers yet and would like to get feedback first. What are your thoughts? :-)

• Joern Wozny

Perhaps I should add that the goal of the pyraid is to strategically frame operational benefits of our solution. And the information about the company's goals comes from the annual report, the 10k, press releases, investor reports, etc...

• Joe Huber

@Joern Wozny This is amazing!!! I'm absolutely going to shout this out in the Digest! Thank you!

• Joern Wozny

You're very welcome! So you mean I can use the template in practice as it is?

• Joe Huber

@Joern Wozny I just saw your email and deleted the file, but please feel free to re-upload it. I would like to feature it in the Digest! Thank you!

• Lance Golinghorst
    Lance Golinghorst Member [Pro] Posts: 6

This is really thought provoking, Jouren. Thank you for sharing.

• Joern Wozny

Thank you very much. I am pleased if it has given you some inspiration.☺

• Joern Wozny
    edited September 30

By the way… so that you don't have to read the annual report and other documents to build the value pyramid, I use this prompt (incidentally, I learned this in this course here: Leveraging AI for Customer Conversations and here: How to Write Effective AI Prompts for B2B Sales (forcemanagement.com) 😜):

Please summarize any information about the <target customer> group that can be found from the most recent annual report, 10k section, press releases, investor relations materials, website or other information about the <target customer>. The summary should include the following points:
    1. current business figures and performance over the last three years: sales, growth and challenges in specific areas or markets.
    2. key corporate objectives: A table summarizing the key business objectives of <target customer> and the positive impact of the product portfolio of
    3. business strategies and initiatives: A table showing the business strategies and initiatives of <target customer> in relation to the business objectives
    4. business risks and risk management: A table showing identified business risks and the corresponding risk management strategies.
    5. international locations: A table with all countries with <target customer> locations.

Additional information on ((Comment: -> Ask here for very specific additional information that is important to know for your software / your products or services.))
    a) ...
    b) ...

Finally, please provide a comprehensive and summarizing table on the relationship between business goals, business strategies, business initiatives (with a link to the sources of information on these goals, strategies and initiatives where you found them) and the capabilities of <your company's> product portfolio. This portfolio and its potential value contributions to business goals can be summarized as follows: ((Comment: -> Describe here which potential values your portfolio has))
    “The product portfolio of <your company> can make a valuable contribution, in particular to the following corporate goals or general important corporate principles:
    - Increasing sales through...
    - Cost savings with the help of...
    - Risk minimization through...”

Please include at least 10 lines in all tables, except for the country table, please include as many lines as necessary, i.e. more than 10 lines if more than 10 countries are to be listed.