How do you ensure that you aren’t skipping steps in the sales process?

Options
Rachel Clapp Miller
Rachel Clapp Miller Member [Pro], Administrator, Moderator, Super User group (not at launch) Posts: 52
edited September 2022 in Content & Resources

This is a question asked in the article on Ascender titled "Improve Sales Qualification: Know When to Walk Away".

How do you use the MEDDICC steps in your own operating rhythm? Does your company have MEDDICC embedded into the CRM? I know some reps have their own tools as they work to validate various qualification inputs and sales process stages. Ensuring that we don't skip steps leads to more closed deals - curious how everyone stays on top of it and organized. What works for you?

Comments

• Tim Caito
    Tim Caito Guest Posts: 10
    Options

Great tips here on weaving MEDDICC into normal activity. For me it's about the questions I ask myself early and often in exploring a new sales opportunity... and then as it progresses.

Early in the sales cycle I ask myself these questions:

- What's the BIG business problem this customer is focused on? (I )

- What's the impact of that problem on their business? (M)

- Who does this problem impact the most? (E)

- Who has influence on this problem that can give me insight on how to proceed? (Ch)

Later in the deal cycle as insights on the deal evolve, I keep asking the question above, plus some new ones:

- How will the customer make their decision? (DC & DP)

-How does this problem stack up against other priorities this customer is focused on and will likely invest in? (I & EB)

- What's my position to compete and win this opportunity? (I, M, Co, DC, DP)

- Am I fully leveraging my Champion and other advantages I may have created to this point? (Ch & DC)

By asking myself these coaching questions as a normal part of my selling I'm able to leverage the insights MEDDICC are intended to generate on a daily basis... both where I'm at on the deal and more importantly where in need to focus going forward.

• Rachel Clapp Miller
    Rachel Clapp Miller Member [Pro], Administrator, Moderator, Super User group (not at launch) Posts: 52
    Options

Love the tie in with MEDDICC Tim. I also like the point you frequently make about continually assessing these questions as we move the opportunity forward.